Monday, July 5, 2010

Operation first post!

Dad had to wear a large, white, cotton eye patch for 3 weeks.
It made everyone stare, my mysterious pirate father.

This was the first time I had seen under the patch.

We asked my Uncle, who is a vet, to come round and use his skills to check that the wound was healing okay. He said that if Dad was a dog he would be pleased with his process.
Compliment? I'm not sure!

Healing hands of a vet.



Last month my Dad had to have an operation to remove a melanoma removed from under his eye. They ended up having take out a large chunk of skin from under his eye and replacing it with some taken from behind his ear. This is my small documentation of the first time I saw just what he had done. I am not a documentary photographer but I think I have capture the rawness of the unveiling ceremony which took place in the kitchen that morning. Last week we got the test results and we are a very lucky family, they removed all the cancer. The killing beast is kept at bay once more. I have managed to make my first post a little gruesome, but I hope you enjoy!